Monday, June 20, 2011

who needs doritos?

My new obsession: KALE CHIPS

when someone recommended these to me to fill the void of something crunchy at lunch time, I laughed. Ya right. I used to only eat iceberg lettuce and have just recently switched over to romaine... trying a type of lettuce with such a deep hue of emerald was beyond my eating boundaries.

3 weeks into the 60 challenge and a husband crunching cool ranch doritos in my ear every chance he could, I broke. And have now become obsessed- they are delicious and so much easier than I would have guessed!

Ingredients: 
1 bunch of Kale (I used Italian Kale and Dragon Kale)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
a dash of sea salt
pepper; to taste
a quarter of a lemon {squeezed}
parmesan cheese


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 
2. wash and dry all of the kale


3. Peel off the greens from the "stem" and rip them into small pieces


4. Coat the greens with the EVOO, sea salt, pepper, and the lemon juice and toss.
5. Spread out the kale pieces evenly {not touching} on a cooking sheet and coat with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese


6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, rotating half way through. 
{keep a close eye towards the end, its a matter of seconds between perfection and burnt}
7. Eat immediately or store in an uncovered bowl for up to 3 days 

{and you don't have to feel bad about snacking on these throughout the cooking process because they are chalked full of vitamin K, C and A!}

YUM! my new favorite snack
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment