Monday, April 11, 2011

long awaited monday night pizza!

Since moving to Northwest Portland last June, Kolby and I have walked past the bakery a block down dozens of times- each time seeing the sign for Monday night Pizza, checking our schedule for the upcoming Monday night and realizing one of us works. Tonight was the night that we finally got to try the pizza at ken's artisan bakery {which unfortunately is NOT gluten free... but well worth the potential stomach ache tomorrow!}



and after finishing 2 amazingly delicious pizzas between the two of us, of course we opted for dessert considering it is one of the bakery's specialties :) My husbands choice was the giant chocolate cake {about 3 inches high and 4 inches in diameter...definitely a giant in comparison to the other tiny treats in the glass case} but it was delicious; rich hard outer chocolate shell filled with chocolate cake, as well as both raspberry and chocolate ganache. The waitress then decorated the already intimidating cake with a cookie, a small bunt cake and 3 flowers gushing about how we were their favorite customers because we chose the giant chocolate cake for our dessert...apparently we gathered a bit of attention with my husbands big eyes! I wish our camera was here so I had some pictures of our incredible night out... but its scheduled to be here tomorrow, fingers crossed!

oh an to top off our night... our little angel slept with her hood over her eyes the entire dinner, I couldn't have asked for a more amazing way to spend my Monday night.



xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try their Monday night pizza! I've only been for breakfast. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete