Monday, May 9, 2011

first mothers day

I had the most wonderful first mothers day a momma could ever ask for! I am lucky that my husband knows the extent to which I LOVE holidays {those celebrating me in particular} and did an amazing job of making it my day. I unfortunately had to work, but he did stop in to give me a big kiss and bring me a piece of Petunias gluten free/vegan chocolate cheesecake along with gingerbeer to enjoy on my break!
[remember: today is my exception to a month without sugar :)]

I hurried home as soon as I was done, anxious to see what else he and Lily had come up with! The process of my first gift had just come to an end as I opened the front door... it went a little like this:

I'm sure a fair amount of paint actually went into her mouth...


happy to have finished the [messy] project {with a very angry baby}

{I don't think she knew the bath was part of the deal...}

but the finished product was absolutely incredible, this could have very well been the ending to my mothers day and I would have been the happiest momma in the whole world! I teared up when I saw my finished gift
 [daddy did the purple, and Lily had free range with the yellow...with a bit of help of course!]

Kolby surprised me with beautiful flowers! {he is simply the best :)}


For dinner, we went to a perfect place for a 4 month old baby...  slow food, fast. This awesome burger joint, Violetta, is right by the downtown Nordstrom in a completely glass building and the burger was a little treat from heaven! GO THERE... it is so much more delicious than Kolby made it out to be {and he really talked it up!} what we ate {unfortunately forgot my camera... so words will have to do}:

park block burger: 
basil aoli, "10 hour tomatoes {slow cooked for... you guessed it, 10 hours!}, 
balsamic glaze and fresh mozzerella + we added bacon...duh
white truffle fries:
yukon gold fries cooked in oregon white truffle oil

AND 
I had sparkling chardonay... out of a can :)

whats not to love...





The night ended with wine, ice cream and a movie and Lily's special gift for mommy, sleeping for 9 hours {yes I typed it correctly: NINE!}... simply perfect!










however.... Kolby knows be oh so well... and I have be known to do anything in my power to extend a holiday {my birthday in particular} into 2, 3 and sometimes 7 day events. He did it for me this year and gave me monday as a mother daughter day just for us! The house was cleaned spotless yesterday, and Lucky was taken to SNIFF bright and early to give us girls the entire day together to do anything we wanted! It was so thoughtful of him and such a nice treat to spend time with just Lily on our own time!

of course we took some pictures...
{her facial expression in this last one SCREAMS Kolby... I just love it!}

we ventured out and wondered on 23rd on this beautiful dry day!

It turns out trying to take pictures and play with the new camera is a bit more difficult than I had anticipated with a baby strapped to me! We didn't do as much photography as we would have liked!


and she was out after our first stop...


I can not say thank you enough to my wonderful husband, I am so blessed to have fallen in love with such an amazingly thoughtful guy! 



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment